Select Your Language
English (United Kingdom)Español(Spanish Formal International)
or Call Us: 0.808.238.7540
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is this what our society has become?????
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
general chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this what our society has become?????

Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 10 months ago #5414

• sexybaby
  • Junior Boarder
Just felt i had to make people aware of what sad individuals get up to----

Facebook takes down internet trolling abuse of girl with Down Syndrome
from Parentdish by Kieth Kendrick:

A mum whose Down's Syndrome daughter was subjected to vile abuse by internet trolls has won her battle to have the photos removed from Facebook, thanks to Parentdish.co.uk.

We stepped in after Liz Crowter was alerted to online pages that mocked her 16-year-old daughter Heidi.

Images of the teenager were taken from a Down's support group site posted by her mum and then shared amongst fellow trollers who made 'jokes' about the girl's looks.

Some of the things they wrote about Heidi are too offensive to be repeated here, but several were of a sexual nature.

The mildest was: "I'd do her," according to Liz, from Coventry.

I don't think i want to be associated with the human race if this is the level the so called superior animal on our planet has become.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CH JASON, vidman1

Re: Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 10 months ago #5415

• flickygirl
  • Gold Boarder
We can't let these sad excuses for humans get the better of us, most people know what is right and the case you have highlighted is so wrong on every level. my heart goes out to the family,
The following user(s) said Thank You: vidman1

Re: Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 10 months ago #5416

• CH MARIE
  • Platinum Boarder
So Sad... I wonder what could go through their minds when making up these horrible things. Like really? What is wrong!!!!? , there have to be some kind of explanation. I really dont get why this even happens... Where are their parents? What kind of people are they?

People need help ... For real!
The following user(s) said Thank You: vidman1, flickygirl, sexybaby

Re: Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 9 months ago #5711

• flickygirl
  • Gold Boarder
It is such a shame that this topic has recieved so few replies when a topic asking for help for animals has had lots of replies. Makes you wonder doesn't it ??????
The following user(s) said Thank You: vidman1, CH MARIE, sexybaby

Re: Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 9 months ago #5727

• CH Charlie
  • Gold Boarder
Find me these abusive people and I'll start handing these out

Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by CH Charlie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flickygirl, sexybaby

Re: Is this what our society has become????? 1 year, 9 months ago #5733

• nitewitch
  • Senior Boarder
This is an awful case but sadly just the tip of the iceberg.Being the mum of a severely disabled son I know how cruel some people can be and its not just kids trust me.My son has brain damage and it has left him with a mental age of 18 months though physically hes fine.If we go out do you know how many people stand and stare? stand and laugh? pull their kids out of the way just because hes different? Do you know just how many teenagers stand and make fun of him when hes looking out of my windows? how new neighbours make our lives hell? So sadly the poor downs girl is just another victim of peoples ignorance.All we can do is hope that maybe one day people will realise that just maybe disabled people are the same as the rest of the humsn race.......in fact better as they are more tolerant and understanding.
Heather xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: sexybaby
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds